Liza Wang's overseas forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liza Wang's overseas forum

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[15 Jan 2007] Liza in Genting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SOLY
Administrator
Administrator
SOLY

Female Number of posts : 916
Registration date : 2007-06-23

[15 Jan 2007] Liza in Genting Empty
PostSubject: [15 Jan 2007] Liza in Genting   [15 Jan 2007] Liza in Genting Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 7:21 am

Liza Wang still packs'em in

[15 Jan 2007] Liza in Genting 30wang
By JO TEH

GENTING HIGHLANDS: Fans of veteran Hong Kong singer Liza Wang from as far as China and Cambodia were among the 5,000 capacity crowd who caught her eagerly anticipated 40th Anniversary Asia Tour at the Arena of Stars here.

The queue even started three hours before the show on Saturday.

The diva, with the status as an ah jie (big sister) in Hong Kong show business, made her entrance in a striking yet modest pink knee-length dress.

The tempo of the show was slow at first but soon picked up with the the rest of her crew joining Wang on stage.

And the singer went on to prove in the next three hours that one has to remain versatile to stay in the game.

Her first few songs ィIced Coffee, Pink Lady, Oriental of Pearl and Love You Whole Life ィ had the audience cheering for more.

Fans were mesmerised by her strong classic vocals and their hands were waving in the air the moment Wang belted out her popular hits.

Hopefully all of you will enjoy my new songs, and for those who are fans of the old songs, let's take a walk down memory lane,。ア she said after the fourth number.

An hour into the show, guest artiste Law Kar Ying made a special appearance, delivering the mellow Only You.

On why she had chosen Malaysia for the first stop of her tour, Wang, who is also an actress, television host and seasoned Chinese opera singer, said the response was extremely overwhelming when she last performed her in 2004.

She said she made it a point to visit Malaysia at least once in every two years.

The glitzy evening came to a close with Wang and Law delivering a strong duet, Choices.

Website-- http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/1/15/nation/16571142&sec=nation
Back to top Go down
http://www.lizawang.net
SOLY
Administrator
Administrator
SOLY

PostSubject: Re: [15 Jan 2007] Liza in Genting   [15 Jan 2007] Liza in Genting Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 7:24 am

Source: Various Malaysian papers
translated by J

On the 13th of January 2007, Liza Wang, Ah Jie, held a concert at the Arena of Stars, Genting, Malaysia. Mr. Law Kar Ying, Liza's lover, refused to part with Liza, sparked his determination to perform as a guest at Liza's concert. Other than performing a "Wong Mui Tiu" and accompanying Liza with his Yi Wu while she performed a song from Chinese Opera's Princess Chang Ping, he also bought a new wig for the concert.

In total, Liza wore 4 dazzling dresses. From her youthful pink dress to her golden and sparkling sexy outfit, Liza performed her famous theme songs and also her ever popular Pink Lady, Hot coffee, Cold coffee. Liza also included an 8 minutes cha-cha routine while singing a Mandarin medley. The crowd definitely enjoyed Liza's flawless "Big-sister level" performance.

Liza also wore the elegant white shoulder-baring dress while she performed a Wong Mui Tiu duet with Mr Law. Mr Law also accompanied Liza with his er-hu while she performed a Chinese Opera song from Princess Chang Ping. When she first appeared in the dress, Mr Law showed his worry by saying that Liza would be feeling cold in that dress. He offered his jacket for Liza, but Liza turned down his offer by saying that "I really like this dress and I wouldn't add or remove anything from it."

[15 Jan 2007] Liza in Genting Ent20070115_19

During the encore section, Liza re-appeared in a black gown along with a "Liza" crown on her head. Her royal appearance as a queen was to compliment her "Ming Cheng Wong Hou" (Korean Drama Theme Song 2006) whose theme was about a Korean Queen. Liza also performed her famous "Yong Gum Dik Zhong Guok Yan" (Brave Chinese Citizen). Liza performed another duet entitled "Choice" with Mr Law.

[15 Jan 2007] Liza in Genting Ent20070115_18

Although this is Liza’s personal concert, she received tremendous support from her guest performer, Mr Law. Mr Law’s role during the concert was to keep the atmosphere up. Mr Law certainly did his job well as he managed to induce a lot of laughter.

Marriage is "yuk mah" and Liza lays down her requests for marriage

Mr Law implied that they are not in their 20s or 30s but yet everyone keeps asking when they will tie the knot. Mr Law feels that it is rather "yuk mah" (the english word is not popping into my mind but it means that one would get goosebumpy upon hearing/doing it). However, when he asked the audience whether they'd want to see them getting married, the audience roared in unity by saying "YES!" Mr Law changed the topic by saying, "Liza said that I go back to the Mainland very often to work. She said that I'm very handsome and romantic, there's bound to be a lot of admirers, therefore Liza told me to "忘盡心中情 forget about the feelings in my heart when I'm with others, and that I only reserve my feelings for her". Upon finishing the sentence, Mr Law revealed that the next number he was about to perform was actually "忘盡心中情".

Liza also had fans from all over the world that attended Liza's concert, including Cambodia, Thailand, China, Hong Kong etc.

After being in the entertainment world for many years, Liza has many famous songs. During the concert, Liza performed a series of Cantonese, Mandarin, Hokkien and English. Liza also performed "Zi Yao Lui Shan" (Goddess of Freedom) and also her latest TVB theme song from Glittering Days. She also performed a few mandarin songs that she sang in Glittering Days.

When Liza was changing into another outfit, Mr. Law was on stage entertaining the audience. Mr Law said one interval, "In India, the air would smell of curry. In Hong Kong, everyone is busy making money, therefore, there's a strong money-smell. However, in Malaysia, there is a strong "Yan Ching Mei" (which means good hospitability). The audience responded with a thunderous applause. Mr Law also invited 2 girls from the audience for a short game. He asked them to imitate a dancer for a short dirty-dancing session.

Man behind a successful woman

Mr Law also said that he is the man behind a successful woman. He learnt Wong Mui Tiu in order to perform the duet with Liza. Liza also helped Mr Law out by miming the lyrics out to him during Mr Law's turn to sing. Liza also addressed Mr Law as her sifu on stage before her Cantonese Opera session. However, when they reached the Wong Mui Tiu session, Liza immediately said that this time she's the sifu. Mr Law also said that when it comes to modern songs, Liza's also the sifu.

[15 Jan 2007] Liza in Genting Ent20070115_21
Back to top Go down
ForeverLizaWang
ForeverLizaWang

Female Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: [15 Jan 2007] Liza in Genting   [15 Jan 2007] Liza in Genting Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 4:28 pm

does anyone know where i can watch this?
Back to top Go down
http://hazelfyy.proboards79.com/index.cgi
SOLY
Administrator
Administrator
SOLY

PostSubject: Re: [15 Jan 2007] Liza in Genting   [15 Jan 2007] Liza in Genting Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 9:36 pm

I uploaded some clips and posted in http://soly.proboards27.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [15 Jan 2007] Liza in Genting   [15 Jan 2007] Liza in Genting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[15 Jan 2007] Liza in Genting
Page 1 of 1