Liza Wang's overseas forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liza Wang's overseas forum

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Liza Wang beat Law Kar Ying to become director of 8 Woh

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jamie

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Liza Wang beat Law Kar Ying to become director of 8 Woh Empty
PostSubject: Liza Wang beat Law Kar Ying to become director of 8 Woh   Liza Wang beat Law Kar Ying to become director of 8 Woh Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 9:54 am

Translated by Jamie @ quanmahui.proboards61.com
source: various HK media

Recently, the Hong Kong 8 Woh association held it 33rd annual general election, and was attended by most of its honorary members, Liza Wang, Lee Hiong Kam, Wong Ha Wai, Lam Mun etc. Current director Chan Kim Sing announced that she is not going to be one of the nominees for the director position in this election. She showed her support for Liza Wang for the directorial position.

Lee Hiong Kam and Lam Mun are confident that Liza Wang would win the election and they both hope that the 8 Woh association would be able to obtain a permanent location for all Chinese Opera performances to take place.

As many of you may not remember, about 10 years ago, Liza was the director of 8 Woh association for 4 years in a row. When asked why Liza Wang has decided to participate in this year's election, Liza said that feels that the Chinese Opera industry is greatly affected as they feel threatened that might not have a fixed place to perform. However, if Liza were to voice out her opinions as a normal citizen, it wouldn't be as strong as if she's the director of 8 Woh association. Therefore, she has decided to participate in this election, and if successful, the position would earn her the right to defend the rights of the Chinese Opera industry. Liza also said, "Previously, I had appealed to the HK government to keep the San Kwong Theatre. Although the government has agreed, but the agreement is only short-term and the contract will expire in 2009. Therefore, in order to obtain a permanent place for all Chinese Opera performances, it would be better to have a formal discussion with the government as the director of 8 Woh. In addition to that, a lot 8 Woh members have asked me to participate in this election, and after giving it some consideration, I agreed. However, if I am successfully elected as director of the association, I would definitely have to put in a lot of time and effort to help the Chinese Opera industry and might even affect my filming schedule."

The election results are as follows, Liza Wang was elected director of 8 Woh Association with a total of 416 votes beating Mr Law Kar Ying who only had 369 votes.

Liza Wang beat Law Kar Ying to become director of 8 Woh 20070723_1eed32bd86f5ea9ceee2cw2ob6KPKu7d
Back to top Go down
SOLY
Administrator
Administrator
SOLY

Female Number of posts : 916
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Liza Wang beat Law Kar Ying to become director of 8 Woh   Liza Wang beat Law Kar Ying to become director of 8 Woh Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 8:00 pm

Thanks for the translation.
Wonder why they competed each other
Back to top Go down
http://www.lizawang.net
jamie

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Liza Wang beat Law Kar Ying to become director of 8 Woh   Liza Wang beat Law Kar Ying to become director of 8 Woh Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 12:24 pm

yea. Mr Law should have just backed out and ask his supporters to support Liza instead.
Back to top Go down
Duke

PostSubject: Re: Liza Wang beat Law Kar Ying to become director of 8 Woh   Liza Wang beat Law Kar Ying to become director of 8 Woh Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 4:43 am

male pride I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liza Wang beat Law Kar Ying to become director of 8 Woh   Liza Wang beat Law Kar Ying to become director of 8 Woh Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Liza Wang beat Law Kar Ying to become director of 8 Woh
Page 1 of 1